Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Me as a Writer

I've always felt that I have been a strong and confident writer in my academics. I feel that some of my strengths are haveing a wild enough imagination to right crazy fiction stories, yet assertive enough to have a strong persuasive essay. I think some of my weaknesses are not having a very strong vocabulary. When im a persuasive essay i could make stronger points if i had a larger vocabulary. I think what I'd like to improve on is having a larger vocabulary and not going off topic in essays. I always have a feeling that when im writing an essay i could have stronger topics and better stories then the ones i write but can never think/ find any. I like the writing process but only if i give myself enough time to really think about my writing. I dont like rushing through a paper and making gramatic mistakes or not making sence to the reader.

I think i need more practice in writing itself. After anytime I write anything im always asking my teacher to read it and see if I could improve anything or need to change anything. I want to get to a point where I can write something and know that it's good enough to not need a teachers approval before the papers even due. I appreicate my teachers going over it but i want to be even more confident in my writing then i already am. I think this class is going to be a great preview of how college is going to be. I feel confident with my ability in this class because we went over a lot of the things we will be going over in my English 3 class last year. The only thing im worried about is the amount of essays we will be writing because I am only used to two or three a year not six in one semester. Im sure everything will work out.

1 comment:

  1. Vocabulary is something we'll work on probably more in English 102. We'll see as we go along if I want to incorporate it into 101.

    We'll be writing a lot, and you'll be getting feedback as we come along. The feedback will come from both me and your peers, so hopefully seeing other people comment on your writing will help you come to grips on finding errors in your own writing better.

    It'll be a bit rough with all the writing (on my end as well...), but we'll get through it together!

    ReplyDelete