Sunday, August 25, 2013

Personal Narrative Prompts

1. One idea I have for my personal narrative is how i effected people, in a good way, just by playing music. Just this last summer I played some shows with my band that people really enjoyed. At one show a couple weeks ago as we were tearing down our gear a little boy ran up to us and just started staring at my drums. I decided to give him a pair of my sticks so he could play with them. He started beating the crap out of them but it put a smile on his face. He was almost in tears when i told him i had to pack up my drums and he had to stop playing. I let him keep the sticks so he could hit some stuff around his house. I turned out that little boy was one of the lunch ladies grandson. She told me he wont let anyone touch them and he has been beating on anything he could find. That really put a smile on my face because I had a little impact to a kid's life. Even if he doesn't play drums or ends up throwing away the sticks I gave him it was still a cool experience for me to have. There is one or two other stories I could expand upon but you get the point.

2. My other idea is when my nephew was born just last March. I was in school when third hour I got a text from my sister saying "THUNDERCATS ARE GO!" which was code that she was going into labor. I got so excited because 1) i was going to become an uncle and 2) because i thought i was going to get out of school early. I ran to the office to see if my mom called and gave me permission to leave. I had to stay in school the whole day; That really made me mad. At about 8 O'clock that night i finally got to see my nephew Mason. I really changed my view on life because now as he grows up i hope he looks up to me and realizes that I'm awesome. With that being said as he grows up i can't be making stupid decisions that could effect his view on me.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I remember the story about your sister. You were certainly eager to meet your new nephew!

    Of the two, I think the first one has the most potential. Music is a universal thing that everyone has their own connection with. I think discussing your own love for music and how it manifested (maybe even from an early age?) could be interesting. It's kind of a circle of life sort of thing. Maybe think about how you got interested in music, talk about how you developed your talent, and how you then passed on that love possibly to another young person.

    ReplyDelete