Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blog #6 persuasive topic

I think I topic that I find interesting and very debated is whether on paying college athlete for their performance. I believe that college athletes should be payed for their performance mainly because of the attention and publicity they bring for their schools. One of the most talked about athletes in the college world is Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. As a redshirt freshman, he brought excitment and attention to the University and did not get a single thing out of it besides a Heisman Trophy and a Cotton Bowl victory. Most people think that a free education is enough for for these athletes, but when most of these students can't get jobs because they are to busy with their studies or practicing, they have no money for the weekend and no money to spend freely even though some are national icons.

I think another interesting topic is the future of reading. With the advancement in technology and a childrens lack of interest to read, it could be very soon where paper back books are nonexistant. Along with books, with most newspapers haveing their own website and posting what is in the paper online, actually newspapers may disappear because of lack of sales.

1 comment:

  1. The paying college athletes topic is good. You just have to find some reliable sources about the topic. Perhaps sports publications would be a place to look.

    Reading is another good topic. I can tell, though, that you're dead set on the college one.

    10/10

    ReplyDelete